The Family

The Family

Monday, December 9, 2013

Awesome God

Rex has been going to a Luthren preschool for the past few months, and he is loving it. He loves his teacher Mrs. Trug, sometimes I think more than he loves me. He loves his classroom, the playground and learning about Jesus. We have been trying to do the best we can to introduce him to God and our Faith. But, to be honest, I'm not great at it. I barely know anything myself, so teaching him his tough. I'm trying to learn so I can help him on this journey but it is slow going to say the least. That is okay with me, I know I'll get there eventually. But, because I don't feel properly equipped to lead him, I'm very grateful we have the opportunity and means to send him to this wonderful preschool. I'm also very grateful that he loves it so much. 

Besides being a safe environment he can go to twice a week to have something that is all his, make friends and learn.  It is a place with people who are able to teach him about God and faith. Rex loves this. They gave him his own little Bible book with short Bible stories geared toward kids his age. We read it before bed and he calls it his "Jesus book." It's fun for him, and I think that is how it should be. Fun and exciting, the perfect way to get a toddler wanting to learn more. 

Lately Rex has been asking a lot of tough questions that quite frankly, scare me. I am not ready to talk about Death with my three year old. Not just Death, but his death. Rex would like to know when he will die and "get to be with God." I can't answer that any other way than, "Rex God has blessed us and made us healthy and happy so that you can stay here and be with mommy and daddy and your brothers for a long time." This is of course followed by many questions about why and how long he'll be here with us. As scary as it is for me to think about my baby, my first born angel going to "be with God", how awesome are these questions? How awesome is it that my little boy is so pure, so without fear, and so excited to meet God? He doesn't understand that for him to meet God, something horrible would have to happen. He doesn't understand that in order for him to be with God, he'd have to be without his family. He just knows that God loves him. He tells me almost daily that God loves him, and Abe and Oscar and mommy & daddy. God through a child's eyes and understanding is probably the most awesome thing I've ever seen. Even if it scares the jeepers out of me to think about my baby meeting God. 

Rex Kent I love your heart and especially your mind. You are one of the most amazing little boys in this world, and I hope your Faith and Love for God stays this pure. I also hope and pray you have a very long wait until the day you meet your awesome God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment